Linus Lin Guo Yao
Head of Science Department
- Founded LTH in 2013 and Head of Science at L-Intelligent Horizons Eduhub (LTH).
- Started the Educator Accreditation Programme for private tutors in Singapore.
- Conducted Parenting Workshops in various schools in Singapore, including Crescent Girls' School, Maris Stella High School, Peirce Secondary School and Punggol Secondary School.
- Graduated from National University of Singapore (NUS) Faculty of Science in 2004, majored in Computing
- Conducting of private tutoring classes (2001-present)
- Personal Development Assistant Coach and Speaker for GSS Academy (2005-2007)
- Led and conducted Success Consultant Seminar (SCS) in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand (2005-2007)
- Founded Entrepreneurship Success Programme (ESP) in Indonesia (2006-2007)
- Relief teaching in Henderson Secondary School (2006-2007)
- Full time private educator while developing Horizon Success System (HSS) Teaching Methodology (2007-2014), tutoring a wide variety of students
- Established first education centre at Beauty World Centre teaching English as a 2nd Language to Adult students in 2007
- Founded ‘Speak English’ Programme for Korean expatriates (2007-2015)
- Founded L-Intelligent Education in 2008 and provided education related consultation services to parents (2008-2013)
- Lecturing in Institute of Technical Education (ITE) College West Engineering Faculty (2010-Present)
- Taught students to pass ESL, TOEFL, AEIS, PACT, PSLE, IGCSE, GCE O/N/A Level and Integrated Programme (2001-present)
- Mentored students to pass DSA into Raffles Girls School, NUS High School, Temasek JC and St. Joseph Institution (2012-Present)
Ho Ying Ying
Head of English Department
- Educator for more than a decade, with expertise as a full-time MOE teacher English Level Head
- Cambridge O Level Examiner in schools
- Presently teaching at St. Nicholas Girls' School.
- Graduated from National University of Singapore (NUS) with Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in 2003
- Graduated from National Institute of Education (NIE) with Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) in 2005
- MOE full-time teacher for 6 years (2005-2010) in MacPherson Secondary School and Bedok Green Secondary School
- Former English Language Level Head
- Currently teaching in St. Nicholas Girls’ School (Secondary)
- Cambridge 'O' Level Oral Examiner for 5 years (2005-2009) in schools ranging from Cedar Girls' School and St Andrew’s Secondary School to Anglican High School
- Vast knowledge about the 'O' Level English Syllabus 1128 and scoring rubrics
- Personal development Assistant Coach (2005-2007)
- Led and conducted Success Consultant Seminar (SCS) in Singapore 2005-2007
Head of Math Department
- Graduate of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), with a Bachelor of Accountancy
- Working with parents and students as a private educator for more than a decade
- Graduated from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) with Bachelor of Accountancy in 2007
- Assistant with Ernst & Young (Singapore) Assurance Services and Tax Services (2007 to 2009)
- Teaching volunteer with Singapore Children’s Society (2003 to 2004)
- Private Educator specialising in Mathematics since 2004
Geography, History, Social Studies and Economics
Major in Economics, NUS
Favourite Past Time:
Besides singing and playing my instruments, my favourite past time would have to be watching sporting programmes since I am an avid sports fan.
My personal philosophy is that life is like the process of music composition. Some seek to find the right structure, or asks what people would like to hear. But the real question lies with what they are writing for.
I'm proud of the fact that I was a full-time Financial Advisor at Great Eastern throughout my university education and that has allowed me to meet fantastic individuals and the ability to travel abroad while schooling.
Why I Love Teaching:
To quote George Carlin, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. I believe that for an individual to be inspirational, they must first be inspired. Through teaching, I can inspire the next generation by taking their breaths away, showing them the possibilities of education and the difference they can make to their lives and the lives of others in the future.
Chia Boon Han
Why I love teaching:
The Eureka moments on a student's face when they finally understand a concept makes me love teaching.
Do unto others what you want others to do unto you. It is a teacher's responsibility to help a student understand concepts.
My passion is in Mathematics and in helping people love and excel in Mathematics.
Chan Kheng Yi
Why I love teaching:
I love teaching because I enjoy sharing what I know to my students. I want to be a teacher that will make a significant difference to the students I teach, not just academically, but in their lives too!
I hold by this belief that we do not compare our results with someone else. You can never be another person, you can only be a better version of yourself!
I'm really interested in Korean culture! My favourite past time is watching Korean variety shows and I've been actively learning the Korean language!
Why I love teaching:
Teaching is one of the most important jobs in the society. They have the responsibility to build the future of the society. When I was in high school, some teachers use their intelligence and love to help the students to improve a lot. I also hope to be a person like them, who can use my own strength to make a small influence in students’ life and this small influence may make a difference in their lives. Furthermore, I feel so enriched after I see my students understand the knowledge and also feel so glad when my students really do a good job in the exam. That’s why I love teaching.
I believe teachers should not only just teach students what is the right answer and how to get higher grades in the exam, but we teachers should also focus on how to build a person. We teachers need to help students to form good habits which will be helpful to their whole life and make their personality more perfect. This belief also relates to my role as an educator. I not only teach students skills to learn and get higher grades in exams, but I also focus on teaching them good learning and living habits and inspiring them. I believe my students have benefited from this kind of teaching.
I have a dream since my childhood—help all the people in need. I am trying to do this and I am striving to achieve this dream. Because of that dream, during the high school and university, I was keen to join many community service. There is an old saying in China, “Teaching others how to fish instead of giving them fish.” I think helping is not only providing people money to let them live, but also teaching them how to live in this society. Teaching is also a part of this dream—I hope I can teach students how to study and live in this society.
For parents whose child is upper primary and above, L-Intelligent Horizons Eduhub (LTH) is the education provider that will impart both academic and life skills to your child.
Unlike traditional tuition programmes, LTH combines its own unique Horizon Success System (HSS) method of education with its dedicated team of HSS-Trained Educators who are mentored through weekly mentorship programmes, imparting the necessary Academic and Life skills to ensure your child achieve success in Academics and Life.
Find us at these locations
228 Changi Road #01-06 Icon @ Changi Singapore 419741
Blk 346 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 Singapore 560346